Tecfidera side effects can make staying on the treatment difficult for some people. Knowledge is power. In preparation for starting this medication I researched how to alleviate and prevent these side effects.
Tips from Bloggers
- 81 mg Aspirin before or with the pill
- Take non-drowsy antihistamine for flushing
Tips from Biogen, Inc.
- Call the Biogen Nurse hotline 800-456-2255
- Call neurologist and let them know of side effects, they can prescribe a variety of counter medications or reduce dosage for a time period
- Take 2-4 oz of apple sauce with pill
- Take pill with food at breakfast and dinner
- Eat 4 – 6 oz snack between the main meals
- Eat fatty protein like cheese, peanut butter, scrambled eggs & toast with pill
- Have Ginger ale or ginger tea on hand for nausea
- Have Pepto Bismo on the shelf
- Keep electrolytes up with Gatorade or Powerade
Additional Tips from MSsymptoms.me
- I use peppermint and orange oil.
- I eat five small meals per day.
Information from Biogen Inc. nurse hotline.